Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), Vietnam

Diigo: This collaborative tool can help expand our discussion of a text

diigo it Use diigo to share research, highlight key points and express your opinions.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chapter 3 - 'Beyond the Body Count'

Chapter title and phot analysis:

This photograph was taken by Bernard Edelman and shows quite a sad looking, lonely, depressed soldier sitting inside a dirty, wrinkly tent. I think that this image relates to the chapter title because as the chapter title is called ‘Beyond the Body Count’, and talks about killed and wounded soldiers, I would assume that this soldier is grieving for the loss of one of his squad members and/or good friends. I think that this photo would of been taken around the start/middle of the war based on where it has been placed in the book and the fact that this a time when the battles first started to become a lot more intense, bloody and a great number of soldiers were killed. This image makes me feel very sorry for this soldier as he would have had to endure things that I could never even imagine and also makes me feel grateful for what I have.

By Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment