Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), Vietnam

Diigo: This collaborative tool can help expand our discussion of a text

diigo it Use diigo to share research, highlight key points and express your opinions.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chapter 6 - 'What Am I Doing Here?'

Chapter title and photo analysis:

Mark Jury took the picture accompanying the chapter ‘What Am I Doing Here?’ The picture shows a close up of a shirtless solider holding a gun over his shoulder. The solider is wearing a helmet with a peace symbol engraved on it. The look on his face shows uncertainty ‘what am I doing here?’ which relates well with the chapter title. The picture may have taken at the middle to late stages of the soldiers service as he looks like his questioning why his still in Vietnam.  When I look at the picture it makes me feel for those who were conscripted to boost numbers and didn’t want to be in the War.

No comments:

Post a Comment